Readings

Syringa's bookshelf: read

Le livre du voyage
Prom Nights from Hell
The Collapse of Western Civilization: A View from the Future
Le Jeûne
Le petit guide de la cure de raisin
Le Libraire De Selinonte
Benedict Cumberbatch: The Biography
Exploration Fawcett: Journey to the Lost City of Z
Le vieux qui ne voulait pas fêter son anniversaire
Le tour du monde en 80 jours
Professeur Cherche élève Ayant Désir De Sauver Le Monde
Elif Gibi Sevmek
Hikâyem Paramparça
The Enchantress of Florence
Anglais BTS 1re & 2e années Active Business Culture
Réussir le commentaire grammatical de textes
Epreuve de traduction en anglais
Le commentaire littéraire anglais - Close Reading
Réussir l'épreuve de leçon au CAPES d'anglais - Sujets corrigés et commentés
Le pouvoir politique et sa représentation - Royaume-Uni, Etats-Unis


Syringa Smyrna's favorite books »

mardi 20 novembre 2012

Auggie Wren's Christmas Story - Paul Auster

"I had become a distinguished person. Most people couldn't care less about books and writers, but it turned out that Auggie considered himself an artist, and now that he had cracked the secret of who I was, he embraced me as an ally, a confident, a brother-in-arms. To tell the truth, I found it rather embarrassing."

"Once I got to know them, I began to study their postures, the way they carried themselves from one morning to the next, trying to discover their moods from these surface indications, as if I could imagine storied for them, as if I could penetrate the invisible dramas locked inside their bodies.I picked up another album. I was no longer bored, no longer puzzled as I had been at first. Auggie was photographing time, I realized, both natural time and human time, and he was doing it by planting himself in one tiny corner of the world and willing it to be his own, by standing guard in the the space he had chosen for himself."

"Then, almost as if he had been reading my thoughts, he began to recite a line from Shakespeare. "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow," he muttered under his breath, "time creeps on its petty pace." I understood then that he knew exactly what he was doing."

"I was about to ask him if he'd been putting me on, but then I realized he would never tell. I had been tricked into believing him, and that was the only thing that mattered. As long as there's one person to believe it, there's no story that can't be true."

Auggie Wren's Christmas Story - Paul Auster

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire